Integrated Management System Policy
APLICLOR WATER SOLUTIONS, SA is a company with more than 100 years of experience in the water industry, whose mission is to provide value to our customers, offering and contributing solutions in the field of Water Quality Management and, differentiating themselves in the market, the company has adopted a policy that gives importance to and considers Quality, respect for the Environment, the Prevention of Risk at Work and Major Accidents as key aspects of its activity, services, facilities and processes.
The company has implemented an Integrated Management System covering the areas of Quality, Environment, Health & Safety and Prevention of Major Accidents, according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and current regulation which controls measures for hazards inherent in major accidents involving dangerous substances.
This should ensure continuing improvements in the processes, prevent contamination, damage and deterioration of people’ health, reaffirming our maxim of:
ALWAYS MAKING THE WORKPLACE SAFER
The Management has incorporated, as part of their strategy decisions, the principles and objectives of this policy, ensuring the necessary resources, both human and organizational, for:
- Ensuring efficient process management in Quality, Safety, Prevention of Major Accidents and Health at work, through the application of an Integrated Management System, which is aimed at the prevention, control and minimizing of incidents in its activities, products, services, facilities and processes.
- Ensuring a high level of protection for people, property and the environment, implementing an activity of effective prevention and control.
- Incorporating risk management as a fundamental aspect of our decision-making to avoid risks and to establish effective systems to identity and have control over Major Accident Hazards, taking into account hazardous substances, processes and facilities involved, in order to adopt the most effective protection to limit adverse consequences.
- Actively promoting training, motivation, awareness and participatory initiatives in compliance with these principles for our staff, contractors and suppliers.
- Respecting the principle of equal treatment and opportunities between both men and women.
- Ensuring Management commitment of zero tolerance in relation to the consumption of alcohol, drugs and other substances in the workplace; as well as with any conduct or attitude constituting sexual harassment and / or because of gender.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our activity, products, services and facilities in the areas of safety, environment, prevention of major accidents and health & safety.
In order to develop and update in Quality, Safety, Prevention of Major Accidents and Health at work Policies, the Management commits itself to define quality, environmental and safety & health objectives that are consistent with this and review annually the system to ensure their effectiveness.
Code of conduct for APLICLOR suppliers
Code of conduct for suppliers defines the basic requirements for APLICLOR suppliers; this includes both services and materials, in respect to responsibilities and obligations of all stakeholders, including Environment.
APLICLOR reserves the right to change the terms of this code, in which case, APLICLOR hopes that the supplier will also accept.
This code will be kept updated through the company’s website, which can be consulted in http://apliclor.com/en/politica-de-empresa/
The supplier, hereby STATES:
- ETHICAL CONDUCT
- Carry out your business activities in an ethical manner and with commercial integrity
- LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and other requirements.
- CORRUPTION AND PROHIBITION OF BRIBES
- Do not tolerate or participate in any form of corruption or bribery, including any payment or other form of benefits granted to any APLICLOR’s employee for the purpose of influencing their decisions, in violation of the law.
- RESPECT FOR BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS OF EMPLOYEES
- Promote equal opportunities in the treatment of your employees, regardless of their skin color, race, nationality, social origin, disability, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, gender, or age;
- Respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual;
- Do not employ or force someone to work against their will;
- Do not tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination;
- Prohibit behaviour, including gestures, language or physical contact that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative;
- Provide fair remuneration and guarantee the application of minimum interprofessional salary.
- Do not exceed the maximum number of working hours established in the applicable laws in your organization;
- Recognize, to the extent legally possible, the right of free association of employees without favoring or discriminating against members of employee organizations or workers’ committees.
- PROHIBITION OF PENITENTIAL AND CHILD LABOR
- Prohibit work with minors, prisoners or forced labor, in all your operations regardless of their location in the world.
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH & SAFETY
- Provide a safe workplace in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations regarding Safety, Health and Hygiene;
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of your employees;
- Control risks and take the best possible precautionary measures to prevent accidents, damages and occupational diseases;
- Provide training and ensure that employees are trained in Health & Safety;
- Establish or use a reasonable health and safety management system.
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- Act in accordance with the applicable regulation concerning the protection of the environment;
- Minimize environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection;
- Establish or use a reasonable system of environmental management.
- SUPPLY CHAIN
- Make reasonable efforts to promote compliance with this Code of Conduct among your suppliers;
- Comply with the principles of non-discrimination in the selection of suppliers and their treatment.
- CARBON FOOTPRINT
- Be prepared to capture, and in the future report, the carbon footprint of your businesses and its activities, which may affect the products and / or services it provides to APLICLOR.
Corporate Responsability Policy
APLICLOR Water Solutions, hereinafter AWS, assumes its Corporate Social Responsibility as the commitment to the sustainable management of its environment (employees, suppliers, distributors, customers and society), which is based on good practices, with the business objective of generating wealth and well-being for society, adopting responsible business ethics whose principles are set out below:
- Excellence in service
- Commitment to results
- Responsible environmental management
- Interest in people
- Prevention of Occupational Risks and Serious Accidents
- Responsible Supply Chain
- Social commitment
- Integrity and transparency
In order to achieve the objectives set for Corporate Social Responsibility, AWS adopts the following general principles of action:
- Comply with current legislation, both in Spain and in the countries where AWS operates, basing its relationships with the competent public authorities in each jurisdiction on loyalty, trust, professionalism, collaboration, reciprocity and good faith.
- Develop a favorable framework of labor relations, based on equal opportunities, non-discrimination and respect for diversity, promoting a safe and healthy environment and facilitating communication with the team.
- Strengthen the motivation and active participation of employees through necessary training for the performance of their functions and professional development of each of them.
- Develop responsible practices in the value chain, establishing transparent, objective and impartial processes with suppliers and providing customers with all the information about the products and services marketed.
- Encourage transparency and free market rules, rejecting the practices of bribery, corruption or other illegal transactions.
- Guarantee confidentiality in accordance with personal data protection regulations.
- Disseminate relevant and truthful information regarding the activities carried out, subjecting them to internal and external verification processes, to guarantee their reliability and encourage continuous improvement plans.